We are in need of a DB2 LUW Database Administrator for a long-time client near Harrisburg, PA.
You will be responsible for the proper operation, maintenance and support of Information Services databases according to determined database standards.
- Managing and maintaining physical databases including database storage management, procedures and tools for access, database security, monitoring and tuning the database to ensure ongoing operation and access
- Analyzing system storage capacity and recommending improvements to ensure efficiency
- Assisting in the design and implementation of the physical framework of the database
- Managing database reorganizations by creating, scheduling, and monitoring all jobs related to the reorganization
- Developing and testing stored procedures, SSIS packages, triggers, queries, and scripts
- Ensuring the safety and security of information systems assets and protecting the system from inappropriate access or destruction
- Maintaining the dictionary/ catalogs including creating, modification, and deletion of all entity types
- Strong DB2 experience
- Linux, Unix, Windows experience
- Expert knowledge of relational databases, logical modeling and data management
- Ability to script/code using Windows PowerShel, VBScript, Perl, etc.
- Knowledge of Windows operating and security systems
- Troubleshooting ability
- z/OS experience
- IBM Websphere (Commerce)
- Sterling Order Management