Highly visible role supporting a Shared Services organization. This role will oversee a staff of up to 15 that support IT projects company-wide. This role is highly visible and will support projects in every department within the company including compliance, finance/accounting, HR and legal. This position is responsible for strategic delivery of application development projects and ongoing application, technology or process support.
They are looking for a strong Agile leader that is looking for a strong career path and long term opportunity. This company truly supports a Servant Leadership philosophy and truly empowers their team members.
Project & System Executions: 30-40%
- Oversee one or many project teams and/or IT Managers as needed to support Business Area or Company projects and requests. Ensure that the technical and functional results are delivered as agreed upon with the project sponsors. Responsible for coordinating with staff across the IT organization to ensure successful delivery of project activity,
- Accountable for overseeing successful completion of all non-project work activities (regulatory changes, enhancements, break/fix, maintenance, etc.) as required to support SLA s and functional needs of one or many Business Areas or the Company. Develop and manage to operational budgets and plans.
- Develop and maintain program, project and operational reporting to demonstrate quality execution of project commitments (budget, benefits, etc.) and adherence to service level commitments.
- Manage relationships with external service providers as part of project execution of application support/hosting. Ensure all activity is delivered in compliance with normal policies, procedures, technology standards, security requirements, etc. of and the IT department.
Application, Data & Technical Strategy: 10-15%
- Complete medium-term planning (monthly, quarterly, annually) for projects, technologies, processes staffing, etc. within area of responsibility
- Drive long-term technology planning processes (18 month system plans). Ensure planned delivery activities are in alignment with long-term technology footprint.
Business Leadership & Customer Relationship: 20-30%
- Understand business needs and processes for areas of responsibility. Proactively work with Business Leaders, understand their business plans to help craft their plans into projects. Ensure the application footprint/infrastructure will support the current and planned needs of the Business Areas.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with project execution, operational support. Identify opportunities and implement changes to drive improvement in service.
People Leadership: 20-30%
- Responsible for the consistent delivery of HR processes: recruiting, hiring, training, career development, performance management, etc. Evaluate managers and team members in both technical duties and professional aspects of their performance.
- Define application development/infrastructure team structure and resource levels. Allocate resources and responsibilities across the application team to meet required Business Area results.
- Communicate and reinforce /IT/application/infrastructure team goals, policies and procedures to staff members.
- Coach/mentor team members as necessary. Align team members in roles to best take advantage of their strengths and to grow/diversify their skill sets.
- College degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
- 10 years related application development experience
- 5 years of information technology management experience
- 2+ years in a leadership role practicing agile application development methods
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentations skills.