Our client is a leading financial services company, leading the way in digitizing their sector of the market. They are looking for several cloud solutions engineers to help them develop their products. Remote work is a possibility. This is a permanent position requiring candidates to have permanent authorization to work in the US without sponsorship - NO C2C. Compensation package includes excellent benefits and a base salary of $100-125K depending on experience.
- Designing cloud analytical systems/solutions in a way to ensure a highly-available, highly-secure, platform/environment for our products and services.
- Providing mentorship to peers and other team members relating to best practices, and cloud architecture.
- Ensuring solutions are designed/developed pragmatically based on business value, with a vision towards end-state, and an execution path that will get there.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest cloud architecture and tools and leveraging those within client's solution design.
- Driving new ways of building solutions based on the latest cloud solutions available and driving alignment/consistency across peer/leadership group to gain buy-in and leverage those accordingly.
- Ensuring solutions are built with a long-term approach, and short term tactical steps will not inhibit end-state vision.
- Working with partners to ensure execution of any externally developed components meets solution standards.
- Recommending/finding alternatives and more simplified solution approaches.
- Providing resourcing forecasts on high-level scopes of work to aid in investment approach/timelines.
- Apply knowledge of all aspects of the system life cycle, from specification, analysis and design, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Understand, participate, and support the entire solution from ideation and visual design through the SDLC, lifecycle activities such as extending or updating a system, planning retirement of a system.
- Create technology feasibility models through research and Proofs of Concepts (POCs).
- Driving architectural changes through design, review, execution, and deployment to ensure success and resiliency of owned solution scope.
- 7+ years of demonstrable experience with progressively more complex systems/solutions.
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud-based technologies, Azure experience desirable.
- Experience designing highly available, large-scale, cloud-based systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, leveraging influence, persuasion, and group facilitation skills to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrable drive to stay up-to-date on latest technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to positively work with peers, leadership, and customers alike.
- Demonstrated effective analytical and conceptual skills, with the ability to translate business plans and solution group objectives into effective action plans that deliver positive employee and credit union experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field. Advanced degree desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry, the various regulations within that space, and demonstrated ability to execute on their compliance.
- Role open to remote/virtual location, preference for candidate to be in Chicago area.